Hull Services has an organizational commitment to pursuing truth and reconciliation, decolonization and anti-oppression.
Hull Services has long had a reputation for providing leading edge child, youth, and family mental health services. We work with children, youth, and families who have experienced significant challenges. Hull offers them an opportunity to seek well-being and happiness, with a focus on mental health. Located in Calgary, we have been serving Alberta’s young people and families for 60 years, and support over 4000 individuals annually.
At Hull, our employees are our strength. The level of continuous training our staff receive and their passion and commitment to excellence is what sets Hull apart as a leader in child and youth mental health.
See our website for more information: www.hullservices.ca
We are looking for a full-time Contract (up to 1 year) Payroll and Benefits Administrator for our Finance department who will perform a variety of functions relating to the effective administration of payroll, Workers’ Compensation, and benefits at Hull Services. This is a 1 year contract position with possibility of extension.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and process semi-monthly payroll.
- Work with Human Resources to ensure accurate and timely processing of new hires, employee departures and other employee status changes.
- Set up and ensure accurate deductions.
- Calculate staff time sheets, record vacation and sick time taken, and distribute monthly reports to supervisors.
- Reconcile payments with the Receiver General.
- Manage Garnishments.
- Issue Records of Employment.
- Prepare year end payroll files, produce and distribute T4s and applicable reports for the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
- Assist employees with payroll inquiries.
- Track, report and file employee incidents.
- Assist employees in WCB claim applications; monitor and support employee return to work plans and consult with Human Resources and other stakeholders as necessary.
- Prepare the annual WCB return.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of WCB requirements and related provincial legislation.
Group Benefit Administration
- Assist employees with benefit inquiries.
- Send out communications to employees regarding their eligibility for benefits and savings/RSP plans.
- Manage all changes to benefits plans, including enrollment, termination, and coverage changes.
- Reconcile and remit payments for employee benefits and deductions.
- Assist employees with disability claim applications; track, report, maintain and process disability claims.
- Adhere to payroll policies and practices relevant to the Agency and legislation.
- Provide information to internal management or external auditors when requested.
- Maintain payroll file to ensure accurate employee data.
- Identify potential improvements in payroll and benefits processing.
- Any other payroll and benefits related tasks as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A diploma in a related field preferred.
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification or actively pursuing PCP.
- A minimum of three years of work experience in payroll and benefits administration.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience with Avanti is an asset.
- High ethical standards and professionalism.
- Sound knowledge of current payroll and Workers’ Compensation legislation.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational and time management skills, and ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer-service skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting in a fast-paced environment.
How to Apply:
- If interested, please direct your cover letter, and resume to email@example.com
- In your cover letter, let us know why you want to work for Hull Services and highlight your competencies and strengths that make you a good fit for the position.
- Please indicate “Your Full Name – Payroll and Benefits Admin.” in the subject line of your email.
The application deadline is Friday, September 22, 2022.
Note – only applicants who have been short listed for an interview will be contacted.
At Hull, one of our core values is Inclusion and we seek to understand people’s lived experience, holding a deep respect for their unique backgrounds, ethnicities, abilities, cultures and identities. It is our desire to humbly build trust and mutual respect with the people we serve who have often been marginalized and oppressed for their differences. To achieve this, Hull seeks open, self-aware individuals who reflect the diversity of those we serve and can help us build a safe, healthy, inclusive culture. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, place of origin, religious beliefs, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, marital status, family status, or sexual orientation.