Adopt-a-Family or Young Adult
Adopt-a-family or young adult is designed to support those receiving services through Hull, who live in the community and would go without gifts at Christmas time. This includes families as well as young adults receiving support through Hull’s Independent Living Services program. Hull staff have determined that each referral is based on need.
How it Works
Decide which donation process works best for you: receive a wish list to shop from or make an online cash donation.
- Receive a wish list:
- If you choose to receive a wish list, one of the Happy Hullidays committee members will contact you to get the details about your donation.
- We ask that donors purchase a gift for each child in the family (some “children” may be over the age of 18). Please plan to spend $75 per person.
- We also ask that a grocery gift card for the young adult/family be provided so they may buy Christmas dinner, pantry staples etc. We will provide donors with a recommended total amount based on the total number of individuals living in the home (for example, for a family of 4 we will ask for a grocery card totaling $300, equaling $75 per person).
- Depending on the donor & recipient’s comfort level, the gifts may be delivered directly. Some people may wish to have the Hull referring staff manage the delivery.
- Donors are provided with a wish list specific to the young adult/family, and they purchase and wrap gifts. Gift wishes are recommendations, not all gifts must be purchased. Gifts may also be given unwrapped.
- Make an online cash donation:
- Happy Hullidays committee members will purchase gifts for the families or young adults from their wish list. You can make a donation online using the form below.